Our Contact Details:
Tanlen Estate Limited, trading as Cardigan Bay Properties
Hafod Y Coed, Glynarthen, Llandysul, Ceredigion, SA44 6NX
01239 562 500 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cardigan Bay Properties is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controller is Tanlen Estate Limited, Trading as Cardigan Bay Properties. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 29/01/2021,last updated on 14/12/2021.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Depending on what service you use, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Name and title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such a Postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to buying or selling property.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on site www.cardiganbayproperties.co.uk (“this website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use this site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with this website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Contacting us from property portals such as Zoopla.co.uk, Rightmove.co.uk, Primelocation.co.uk
- Contact us via social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram or Whatsapp
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to this website and the resources that you access.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER AND WHY
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To ensure that content from this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To registered you for property alerts if you have asked us to do this.
- To register you as a home owner if you have asked us to do this.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us on email@example.com / 01239 562 500
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a legitimate interest.
If you are looking to sell your property and book an appointment for a property valuation, we will use your contact information to provide you with information ahead of your appointment and useful advice on your next steps. These messages are optional and you may choose to stop these messages at any time using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of these emails.
If you are looking to purchase a property, the applicable marketing information below will apply to you:
- We will use your contact information to provide you with assistance based on the reason for your registration, including managing viewings, providing property information, and requesting viewing feedback.
- We may use your contact information, including email address, phone number, web tracking behaviour and dates of viewings for our legitimate interest. This processing enables us to enhance our services and provide useful information to you. This communication is optional and you may choose to stop these messages at any time using the unsubscribe option.
- We will store your preferences on which channels we may communicate with you (phone, text message, email, post) for marketing purposes.
- We will store your preferences on what type of information you would like to receive from marketing, for example, property updates, property trends and information or special offers.
You may change your marketing preferences at any time:
- For Emails: using the unsubscribe or email preferences link at the bottom of the email;
- For Direct Mail: by contacting us using the details below;
- For Phone: by letting the agent know on the call;
- For SMS: using the opt-out process provided in the text message.
Alternatively, you may use our Privacy contact details found at the bottom of the policy to notify us of any changes in your contact details or to stop future marketing through any of the above channels.
Please note, this will not change any communications that are required for us to fulfil the obligations of Our Service. This includes emails, SMS/emails sent pertaining to updates on the status, for example, of any appointments, requests or reminders or property sale updates.
Records of your interactions with Cardigan Bay Properties, our agents, sellers and buyers are stored for training, compliance and monitoring purposes. These may include information that you reveal during the exchange. This includes:
- Calls and SMS made to and from our teams, which are stored for one year, from the date the call was made.
- Messages within emails sent to and received by Cardigan Bay Properties email addresses.
OTHER DATA YOU WANT TO SHARE:
- We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts, for example, where you provide us with a testimonial.
- We may also email you about competitions run by Cardigan Bay Properties or information about discounts on our services.
- When you have registered for an account with us, you are responsible for keeping the login details confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- All information you provide us with is stored on our secure servers. Data that we collect from you will be stored and processed at our data centre in Wolverhampton and with our data feed providers https://www.altosoftware.co.uk/
- Our Site is secured by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts the connection between your browser and Our Site. However, unfortunately the transmission of information through the Internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site, and consequently any transmission is at your own risk.
- We restrict access to your personal information to Cardigan Bay Properties employees, contractors and agents, who need to have that information in order to deliver the requested Service and are bound to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
- We use strict procedures and security features to guard against physical unauthorised access to systems. We also use software that allows us to monitor our services and infrastructure to protect them from threats, including malware, viruses and other forms of malicious code.
HOW LONG WE WILL STORE YOUR INFORMATION
How long we retain information about you depends on the type of information provided, and your relationship with us.
- Personal information: for as long as your account is active, and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide that you require our services.
- If you choose to sell your home or buy a home with Cardigan Bay Properties, we have a legal obligation to retain some information about your transaction for six years from the date your transaction completes.
- If you choose to have your home valued by Cardigan Bay Properties, or view a property that is marketed by Cardigan Bay Properties, we will also retain information about your appointment for six years from the appointment date.
- We may also retain some information to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, support business operations, and continue to develop and improve our Services.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION – YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 01239 562 500 / Hafod Y Coed, Glynarthen, Llandysul, Ceredigion, SA44 6NX if you wish to make a request.
You can update your information or change the settings of your account by logging into Our Site, or through the assistance of our team who can be reached on 01239 562 500. We will retain an audit of these changes for monitoring purposes.
There may be some information that we are unable to provide you, if it infringes the privacy of another individual, such as a buyer who has viewed a property you are selling. In this case, we will do our best to provide you with a redacted overview.
REMOVING YOUR INFORMATION / CANCELLING YOUR ACCOUNT
- You may request for your personal information stored by Cardigan Bay Properties, and your Cardigan Bay Properties account to be deleted. Deleting your account will result in your personal information being pseudonymised in our databases within a reasonable time period, and will disable your access to your account.
- We will fulfil requests to delete personal data promptly unless the request is not technically feasible or required to be retained by law (in which case we can block access to such data).
- If we are unable to delete information, for example, because it has been stored in backup archives, then we will securely store and isolate your information from any further use until deletion is possible.
- If you have instructed Cardigan Bay Properties or made an offer on a property marketed by Cardigan Bay Properties, we are unable to remove your information immediately, in order to comply with other regulations, notably The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017. Your request will be logged and actioned once the time required has passed.
- To have your details removed or account closed, please send your request to us in writing. Please see details below for our Privacy contact information.
- To have your details removed from Cardigan Bay Properties’ third party contractors, such as our suppliers of EPCs, floor plans, mortgage-finding services, solicitors/conveyancers and photography services, please send your request direct to these suppliers via their own contact information.
- We only store sensitive information about you when you provide it. This will not be shared with any third parties (unless they are a third party data processor for Cardigan Bay Properties). If you have disclosed information, such as the status of your health, that you would like us to remove from our notes, please notify us using our Privacy details found at the bottom of this policy.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
INFORMATION WE MAY SHARE ABOUT YOU
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts which we may enter into with you, and provide you with the information and Services that you request from us, we will share your information with (as appropriate): Independent contractors who offer services to clients of Cardigan Bay Properties, in the event that you request such services via Our Site or via email or telephone conversation. Our independent contractors include suppliers of Energy Performance Certificates; Solicitors requested by you; Suppliers of photography, and drone footage; Mortgage Advisers advised by you; Surveyors advised by you. Once we pass you over to one of these suppliers you will be bound by their privacy notice which they will have outlined on their own websites/terms of businesses.
Specific instances in which your personal information may be shared when you use our Site have been set out below:
- Your first name will be made public to all Users of the messaging tool of Our Site. This is to help other users of Our Site communicate with you to facilitate the sale of the Property;
- Once an appointment has been requested, email and/or SMS notifications will be sent to the Seller and the prospective Purchaser setting out: the address of the Property; the time of the appointment and the name of the prospective Purchaser;
- If an offer for the sale of the Property has been accepted, you will have access to our support team who will assist you until the Completion of the sale of the Property. You hereby consent to Cardigan Bay Properties contacting your conveyancer, solicitor and mortgage provider and any other parties involved directly or indirectly in the sale of the Property with regards to facilitating Completion of the sale of the Property;
- At the point of issuing the Memorandum of Sale, your name, address and conveyancer details will be sent to all parties involved in the sale of the Property. This includes the Seller, Purchaser and respective parties’ lawyers. We will also share relevant information which has been provided by you as part of the offer to ensure the other party can make an adequate financial evaluation in line with The Property Ombudsman Code of Practice. If you do not wish to provide or share your personal information with other parties involved in this transaction, please speak to us or call 01239 562 500 for alternative options on how you can progress with the Memorandum of Sale at that stage.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all or substantially all of Cardigan Bay Properties’ assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- When dealing with a claim or complaint relating to our Services which has been lodged with The Property Ombudsman or other regulatory body; and
- When we need to collect a debt which is owed to us by you.
- We never sell your details on to any third parties whatsoever.
NHS TRACK AND TRACE
Should we need to, we will share your details with the NHS Track and Trace teams.
For more information on Track and Trace please visit – http://www.wales.nhs.uk/testtraceandprotectprivacydataprotectioninformation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
About Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our Site uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of Our Site.
- Analytical / performance cookies. These allow us to see how you move around Our Site so that we can ensure that Our Site performs well and we can make any improvements that are necessary to help you find what you are looking for more easily. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Google Analytics (which lets us know how users came to our site and which pages were visited)
- Functionality cookies. These cookies recognise you when you return to Our Site, allowing us to personalise our content and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visits to Our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information is used to make Our Site and advertising on Our Site more relevant to your interests, and we may share this information with third parties for this purpose.
For more information on how to manage cookies or adjust your settings on your browser, please visit your browser’s help centre: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari.
- To manage cookies on your mobile phone or tablet please consult your manual or handbook.
- You should note however that by deleting or blocking all cookies, Our Site may not function correctly and you may not be able to access certain areas.
- If you visit Our Site using a different browser and/or device, you will need to adjust your settings as preferred.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 01239 562 500 or by post at Hafod Y Coed, Glynarthen, Llandysul, Ceredigion, SA44 6NX if you wish to make a request.
For further information please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) HERE
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org / 01239 562 500
Hafod Y Coed
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Please also see this page – https://cardiganbayproperties.co.uk/complaints/