Sometimes you may find yourself in a position where you are approached directly by someone to buy your property, before you have selected an estate agent and put it on the open market. A neighbour may have heard you were thinking of selling, told a friend or relative who they know want to live in your locality. Or you may have mentioned it in passing to someone and next thing you know someone they know is knocking on your door offering to buy from you.
This is great and can save you quite a bit of money in estate agent fees. But it can also be a bid daunting. This is where we can help you with your private house sale.
For a nominal “Hand Holding” fee we can help you with the following, meaning you can relax, safe in the knowledge that all the legal due diligence is taken care of and your buyer has the ways and means to purchase from you:
- We will carry out a Market Appraisal (Valuation) on your property for you, so that you know what your home is worth and what price to negotiate with your buyer.
- We can help you get your property legally ready to sell, for example, we can check to see if you have a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) in place, which is a legal requirement when selling a home, and if not put you in touch with the right people to do this for you. We can also put you in touch with solicitors, if you don’t already have one in place, so that they can put the draft contract pack together for you, ready to send out to your buyer’s solicitor.
- We will assist with the price negotiations for you. Some people feel uncomfortable discussing money with friends/family/acquaintances. We act as a buffer, so the transaction doesn’t become too personal between you. We are trained to do this with the aim of getting you the best possible price for your property.
- We will arrange and accompany all viewings on your behalf with your buyer.
- We will perform all the legally necessary Anti-Money Laundering checks on your private buyer, this includes the essential and necessary PEPs (Politically Exposed Person) and Sanctions checks, which gives you peace of mind.
- We will carry out checks to determine they have the funds in place to purchase your property and make sure there are no hidden surprises.
- We will put together a basic property brochure to send out to the solicitors which will aid them in their conveyancing process.
- We will work with the solicitors for you and your buyer to ensure the sale goes through as swiftly and seamlessly as possible, with weekly updates, access to our property file reports with key milestones and follow up calls.
- We can also arrange surveys and mortgage valuation visits, or trades people appointments and accompany these if necessary, so that your sale is not delayed in any way.
All this means that you can relax, knowing you have experts handling the sale of your property for you, your buyers have the funds in place to purchase, and have all the legal checks completed to do this, and that you have someone to turn to for advice and who will speak to solicitors on a weekly basis for you to ensure all is proceeding smoothly, all for a much reduced rate than normal.
This also gives your prospective buyers more confidence too, knowing there are trained professionals looking after the sale to make sure it goes through to completion as swiftly and seamlessly as possible.
To find out more please contact us today.