When Covid-19 was rife in all areas of the UK, keeping each other safe was paramount to us and we had the below policies and procedures in place, whilst following the Welsh Government guidelines throughout so that we knew we could keep everyone as safe as we possibly could during the pandemic. While things are now claiming down and returning to some kind of normality, we have kept this page, and its guidance live on our website so that should anyone wish for us to follow these again, they can rest assured that we will. Please just ask for us to follow our “Covid-19 Viewings and Market Appraisal Policies and Procedures” when we visit your home.
Before Viewings & Market Appraisals (Valuations)
- We will call property owners and ask if you have any symptoms or have been contacted by NHS Track and Trace and asked to self-isolate, before arranging any appointments.
- On appointments, all parties must keep a 2-meter physical distance, as per the government social distancing rules.
- We can not transport any potential buyers to viewings. This is the case in the midst of this pandemic and in normal times, so you need to ensure you can travel to view our properties.
- All parties must attend viewings or valuations with appropriate PPE (e.g. hand sanitiser, face masks, and gloves) and you need to bring your own as we do not supply these to you. Please note, failure to have appropriate PPE will result in the appointment being cancelled.
- In the event that one or more parties do fall ill with Covid-19 and this causes a sale to be delayed, we will work with all parties, estate agents in the chain (if applicable), and solicitors to arrange a new moving date.
During Viewings & Valuations:
- All viewings and Market Appraisals will be by appointment only.
- Before the viewing or valuation takes place we ask that you call or email us to confirm that you are still covid-19 symptom-free, as per when the appointment was made.
- Homeowners should open all internal property doors prior to the appointment and, should you want to, you can also open windows to keep air flowing through the property.
- Homeowners should leave the property whilst viewings take place to minimise contact with people not in their household bubble.
- Once the viewing or valuation has ended the homeowner should wipe down surfaces, door handles, light switches, etc. with antibacterial cleaning products.
- All parties must maintain a minimum of 2 meters physical distance.
- We, the estate agents, will be the first to enter a property and the last to leave.
- The number of prospective buyers allowed on a viewing will be restricted to two people, to enable physical distancing to be practised. Only those in their immediate household should attend and should you arrive with your children, we will ask that the children remain in the car and one adult view at a time.
- We may ask you to remove your shoes when entering a property, if we do we will ask you to sanitise your hands after you have done this.
- We will ask you not to touch any surfaces, door or cupboard handles, light switches, etc. whilst in the property.
- All keys will be sanitised before and after use.
NHS Track and Trace
Should we need to, we will share your details with the NHS Track and Trace teams.
For more information on Track and Trace please visit – http://www.wales.nhs.uk/testtraceandprotectprivacydataprotectioninformation.